August 15 2001
1. From October 2, afternoon to October 5 there will be a Training course for leaders, men and women, here in Kokstad. It will be led by the Glenmore, Lumko team. This is suitable for those conducting services in the parishes and it is better if a parish sends a few who work together for a particular place, so as to biuld up this work as team ministry r ather than individual property. Could each participant pay Rand 5.
2 Day of Recollection for priests, Kokstad, September 25.
3. All invited to celebrate the Feast of St Francis at the Poor Clares on October 4th, it will be a getting to know the Contemplative life for all who come. Hopefully those engaged in the Training course will be there and also all Secular Franciscans.
4. Bishop will be away until September 21.
Confirmation Zazingeni, September 23
Youth leaders meeting, Kokstad September 29
Confirmation Nqabeni, September 30
Feast of St Francis, Poor Clares, October 4 at 10. Am
Blessing of new Church, Thembukazi October 7th
Coolock House with Priests , October 8-11.
Next Consultors meeting, October 8, Coolock at 3 pm.
School teachers’ retreat with CIE, Hardenberg October13
Confirmation, Franklin October 14th.
School tachers’ retreat, Kokstad, CIE October 17th
Confirmation, Matatiele, October 21.
Pretoria, Seminary Department, October 25.
Confirmation, Cathedral, October 28.
Confirmation, Lusikisiki December 9th
Youth leadership course (Three leaders from each parish) December 3-7, Kokstad
Youth Retreat ( 10 from each parish) Kokstad December 7-10.
Pilgrimage to Kevelaer , December 17-20 December.
6. Cardinal Napier’s reception in diocese, December 16, Sunday.
7. Remember, Meeting of Priests in Coolock, October 8-11. To arrive before evening meal on Monday.
8. Invite Vocation team to diocese.
9. Make sure to have Home Based Carers trained by diocesan team of Ms Nogabe and Ms Qwebeba. Contact, Fr Mawethu, diocesan chairperson.
10 The diocese expresses appreciation and sympathy to the Franciscans on the passing away of Bro Eugene who worked very hard here and contibuted to the life of the diocese. He was most obliging and generous.
11. Vocation diocesan team to meet in Kokstad, Monday, October 1.